SABC SEARCH
>> Search the Start A Business.com Web Site
 
INCORPORATE ONLINE
>> Why Incorporate
>> Where to Incorporate
>> Corporations vs. LLCs
>> Registered Agent Services
>> State Compliance Requirements
>> More IRS Information
>> S Corporation / Pass Through Taxation
>> Purchase Corporate Kits
>> Company Formation For US Non-Residents
>>

Characteristics of Business Entities

 

 

HOME > INCORPORATE ONLINE > STATE INFORMATION

INCORPORATE IN MASSACHUSETTS
Overview:
  • Start A Business.com can incorporate your business in Massachusetts. Start A Business.com will provide a preliminary name check to help ensure that your company name is available in Massachusetts, and will clear up to 3 potential names for you to select from. Once this is completed, we will prepare and file your articles of incorporation with the Massachusetts state government in a quick and efficient manner.
Corporate Names:
  • The corporate name must contain and with "Corporation," "Corp.," "Incorporated," "Inc.," "Limited," and "Ltd."

  • For a Limited Liability Company, company names must include the following words or abbreviations, "Limited Liability Company", "Limited Company", "L.L.C.", "L.C.", "LLC" or "LC". The name cannot be the same as or deceptively similar to the corporate name of a domestic corporation or a foreign qualified corporation.

Director / Member Information:
  • Minimum Number of Directors: 3 Unless fewer shareholders
Registered Agent Information:
  • Start A Business.com can not act as your Registered Agent in Massachusetts.
Tax Information:

TAX CORPORATION EXCISE TAX RETURN & PAYMENT OF EXCISE TAX
FORMS AVAILABILITY Dept. of Revenue mails forms to the corporation
DUE DATE March 15th/15th day of 3rd month following close of fiscal yr.
DEPARTMENT Massachusetts Dept. of Revenue
P.O. Box 7025
Boston, MA 02204
(617) 727-4271
TAX RATE/FEES Tax is total of (a) 9.5% (includes 14% surtax) on allocated net income and (b) $2.60 (includes 14% surtax) per $1,000 value of corporation's taxable tangible property (if "tangible property" corporation) or of taxable net worth (if "intangible property" corporation). Minimum tax is $456 (includes 14% surtax). Estimated tax is payable if liability is expected over $1,000. If expecting the $1,000 min. in 1st 2 months of the tax yr., pay in four installments: 40% of required annual payment by 15th of 3rd month; 25%, 6th month; 25%, 9th; remaining 10%, 12th. If in 3rdC5th month, pay 65% by 15th of 6th month; 25%, 9th; remaining 10%, 12th. If in 6thC8th month, pay 90% by 15th of 9th month; remaining 10%, 12th. If in 9thC11th month, pay 100% by 15th of 12th month.

TAX ANNUAL REPORT -  DOMESTIC & FOREIGN
FORMS AVAILABILITY Secretary of State sends forms to the mailing address of the corporation.
DUE DATE Two and one half months following close of fiscal yr.
DEPARTMENT Secretary of State
Attn.: Annual Report - AR 85
One Ashburton Pl., Rm. 1717
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 727-0104
TAX RATE/FEES Filing Fee - $125   Penalty of $25 if late.

TAX ANNUAL REPORT - DOMESTIC & FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANIES
FORMS AVAILABILITY No official form available
DUE DATE Anniversary Date of formation/ registration
DEPARTMENT Secretary of State
Attn...: Annual Report - AR 85
One Ashburton Pl., Rm. 1717
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 727-0104
TAX RATE/FEES Filing Fee - $500

back to top
State Fees:
Corporation: $275.00
Limited Liability
Company:
$510.00
FORM AN INC.
FORM AN LLC
PACKAGE OPTIONS


 

 

 

 

Incorporate Online | Business Resources | Internet Resources | Offshore Services
Home | FAQs | Partners & Affiliates

BBBOnLine Reliability Seal
Copyright 1998-2010, Start A Business.com, Inc.
Company Links: About SABC | Contact SABC | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service